THE OFFICIAL WEB PORTAL
Province of Rizal
Insights: “Mural is any piece of artwork painted or applied directly on a wall, ceiling or other large permanent surface. A distinguishing characteristic of mural painting is that the architectural elements of the given space are harmoniously incorporated into the picture.”© The Mural Contest is part of the Hunyo-BANG KULAY branding of Baras 100 celebration. The program gives significance to the establishment of one of the many infrastructure projects in the municipality. Also it gives tribute by sharing light and love to those who rest with peace with our Creator. II. Objectives:• To give colour and vibrancy to the aesthetic view of the newly built municipal cemetery. • To discover and harness the artistic skills of Barasenians in visual arts.
1. The competition is open to all artists ages 18 years old and above in Baras, Rizal. Each group should be composed of (3) artists. Winners from the previous contests under the Baras 100 celebration are not eligible to join the activity.
2. Registration Form is available at the Office of the Mayor Secretariat, 2F, New Baras Municipal Building.
3. Each group should submit their mural lay-out in a ¼ size illustration board.
4. The mural lay-out should not carry the name or signature of the artists.
5. The group can only send one mural lay-out as their official entry.
6. The mural lay-out should depict positive views of “life after death” for our loved ones.
7. Deadline of submission is until April 15, 2021, 5:00PM at the Office of the Mayor Secretariat.
8. Pre-judging of mural lay-out entries is on April 16, 2021, 1PM at the Conference Room, New Baras Municipal Building.
9. The mural lay-out will be pre-judged according to the following criteria:
40% – Thematic Concept/Relevance
40% – Creativity and Impact
20% – Originality
100% – TOTAL
10. After the Elimination Phase, there will be (7) Mural entries that will qualify to the on-site Mural Painting. The (7) group finalists will then receive Php 10,000.00 each for the allocation of materials (paint, primer, brushes, specialty brushes, paint rollers, sponges, or stippling brushes etc.) for their on-site mural. The mural size allocation for each group measures (3 meters X 4 meters). Each group can start their on-site mural from April 20-May 20, 2021 from 7:00am to 4:00pm. They should follow the “health protocols.”
11. The Final Judging of the Mural Entries will be on May 21, 2021 at the site of the Municipal Cemetery at Sitio Mambog, Brgy. Rizal.
12. The Finalists will be judged according to:
40% – Quality of Artistic Composition
40% – Creativity and Visual Impact
20% – Neatness and Presentation
13. The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
14. The finalists shall be informed through sms /call from the Office of Mayor Secretariat.
15. Awarding of the entry will be on June 2021 during the Blessing of the Municipal Cemetery. Artists can indicate their name or signature on their murals during the photo opportunity only after the awarding ceremony.
16. There shall be (3) group winners who will receive certificate and cash prizes: 1st Prize: Php 30,000.00 2nd Prize: Php 20,000.00 3rd Prize: Php 10,000.00
17. All mural entries shall be considered as property of the Local Government Unit of Baras with proper credit to the artists. For inquiries, please contact the Secretariat at 0923-722-2789 / 0920-958-1035.